For those of you who are joining us on the Taff Trail Challenge, here is some useful information in advance of the mini adventure:
– Saturday 19th October 2013
– Meet at the front of Pontypridd Railway station, ready to leave at 9am
– Participants are travelling to Brecon in a minibus, bikes are travelling in a van
– We should be up in Brecon and ready to start at the Theatr Brycheiniog by 10am
– If it rains, we get wet. The trip will still go ahead regardless of the weather forecast so be prepared!
– We need to cover the short-term hire of the minibus/petrol between us which should be no more than £5-7 each. To be paid on the day of the trip
Clothing suggestions to bring / to wear:
– Padded shorts (if you have them) and / or tracksuit bottoms / waterproof trousers / shorts
– A fully waterproof jacket
– Thin layers that you can put on / remove as you warm up or cool down
– A bike helmet (if you have one / can borrow one)
– A Cardiff Dragons top to wear at the end of the ride
What to bring:
– Food for the journey
– A spare inner tube for your bike (if you have one / can get one)
– A small bike pump (if you have one / can borrow one)
What will be provided:
– A map of the route
– Puncture repair kits (one between two)
– To be confirmed – it will either be a city centre location or Cardiff Bay which is the official finishing point of the ride.
So far the confirmed team of 12 riders includes – Ali, Amy, Darrin, Jay, James, Simon, Luke, Dave A, Muzz, Christian, Chris G, and John B.