Dragons battle with the Titans – Dragons win 3-2


Cardiff Dragons 3 London Titans 2

Played at the University Fields Llanrumney, 2nd November 2014

Before I go into the match report can I just say great support today on a wet and windy day from the sideline; well done supporters. Also, there were some great tactical decisions from Ryan Mc and his management team throughout the game; all had a bearing on a great win.

Dragons lined up as follows:- Ryan B, Adam, Ryan Mc, ( Manager), Muzz, Fuge, Emyr, Chris G, Stefan, Anthony, Liam, Craig. Subs: Andy, Harriet, Christian, John A, Jay.

The first 15 minutes were quite uneventful with both sides settling into there respective systems. Craig had a shot blocked from around 10 yards – great effort. Titians won a few corners without either goalkeeper being tested. On 20 minutes Titans lost a player to an injury. On 25 minutes Ryan B was quick to react to a corner, pushing the ball over the bar. On 30 minutes Ryan Mc took himself off to concentrate more on the game and was replaced by Christian. The back 4 was commanded well by Muzz with Adam, Fuge, Ryan Mc when he was on the field and Christian all looking solid. Chris G and Emyr were winning the ball and creating movement in the centre. On 35 minutes there was good interlink work by Adam and Stefan, leading to Craig having a shot that just wide. Anthony was also working hard down the wing and Liam was working back well to win good ball. On 38 minutes some excellent work by Emyr resulted in a shot by Craig that was saved. On 40 minutes Ryan B made a fabulous save low to his right to push the ball around the post it kept the score at 0-0. On 42 minutes the deadlock was broken after another Titans corner; the Dragons gave away a soft penalty for a push in the back. The penalty was well taken. 1-0 Titians and that’s how it stayed until half time.

Second half Ryan replaced Craig and Stefan with Andy and John A. On 52 minutes the Dragons were level with what I can only describe as pure genius from Liam. From within the 18 yard box he turned and produced an unstoppable shot into the top corner of the net 1-1. On 55 minutes Christian picked up an injury and was replaced by Harriet. The equaliser seemed to give the Dragons that extra bit of confidence and it showed. John A was his usual reliable self at right back, and both Andy and Harriet were showing lots of skill and running at the opposition. The Dragons were certainly on top of their game and it was showing. Chris G and Emyr were winning the ball and controlling the midfield. On 60 minutes from a Liam corner, Fuge made a great contact with his header so much so that it lopped over the goalkeeper into the net. 2-1 Dragons and a great finish by Fudge for his first goal for the club. The Dragons were well in control by now some great work by Andy going forward and pressing resulted in a pass to Anthony who shot from about 15 yards. It went into the bottom corner of the net; great strike from Anthony 3-1 Dragons.

The Dragons did not have things all their own way though. On 83 minutes the Titans won their 2nd penalty of the game; it was getting a bit feisty. The penalty was put away 3-2 Dragons. In the last 7 minutes the Dragoins had Ryan B in goal to thank as he made 3 excellent saves. The Dragons held out well to the end with a final score of 3-2 to the Dragons. There were 4 yellow cards in this game; 2 for the Titians and 1 each for Andy and Adam of the Dragons. Thanks to Gary for referring the game. Thank you to all the following on the side line today Jay, Ruth (as vocal as ever hehe), Alex, Lauren, Luke, Ali, Amy, Iestyn, Chris G Mum Dad and both sisters. It was like one big family. It was certainly a Dragons roar today go Dragons.

This Dave Amos signing off getting ready to watch a bit of Strictly Come Dancing hehe.