Cardiff Dragons 4 – 2 Trowbridge Tigers

Dragon Goals: Mark 36mins, Simon E 40mins, Ed 51mins, Paul 64mins.

The Dragons came from 2 goals down to win this important GFSN league game and go top of GFSN Division 2.

The Dragons lined up as follows:-
Kris, Muzz (Manager), Anthony (Capt), Ryan, Jason, Paul, Ed, Hywel, Mark, Crispin, Simon E.
Subs: John A, Simon D, Darrin, Dai, Christian, David K.

It was the Dragons that applied all the early pressure today. It was great to see the passing movement throughout the team from the off.

All the early pressure was paying off as on 15 minutes Simon E was upended just outside the Tigers 18 yard box with earned a yellow to the offender.

Then against the run of play from a corner kick the Dragons had a lapse in defence and it was Jason who unfortunately while trying to clear the ball off the line put it in his own net 18 minutes. 1-0 The Tigers.

The Dragons never let going behind effect them and kept on pressing through the midfield to create chances with a header from Mark after some good work by Ed and Anthony just went over the bar on 30 minutes.

On 36 minutes the Tigers won a free kick some 30 yards out the resulting free kick was met by an unstoppable looping header which sailed into the Dragons net giving Kris in the Dragons goal no chance. 2-0 The Tigers.

From the restart Mark made a tantalising run down the left wing going past 4 defender to slot the ball into the bottom right corner of the Tigers net and great solo goal from the Dragons top scorer this season. 2-1 The Tigers 38 minutes.

On 40 minutes Crispin who was putting in a very solid performance up front holding up and playing some great balls on made a defence splitting pass to Anthony who knocked the ball onto Simon E who headed home with some power from 8 yards. 2-2.

There was still time in final few of the half for Simon who was having an excellent first half to shot just wide from distance. Half time 2-2.

Muzz kept things as they were for the second half as there was no need for any changes in personnel as the Dragons were having one of there best displays of the season so far.

That decision was proved right as on 51 minutes Ed picked up the ball just outside the 18 yard box and made a mazy run into the Tigers box fending off a number of tackles then slotting home from 6 yards 3-2 The Dragons.

It was all Dragons now on 54 minutes Anthony came close with a shot just off target. Muzz and Paul were very solid second half with both Ryan and Jason defending and getting forward well to support the midfield the Dragons were in complete control. On 60 minutes Muzz had a shot well saves by The Tigers keeper.

On 64 minutes after a scramble in the The Tigers 6 yard box Paul knocked the ball home from close range. 4-2 The Dragons.

The Tigers did gain a free kick some 25 yards out that was dealt with by the Dragons defence on 70 minutes.

On 75 minutes The Dragons were still pressing for more goals Mark just shooting wide from distance.

On 80 minutes Jason went off and was replaced by John A. Then on 83 minutes Simon D replaced Mark with Hywel who had put in a strong performance today moving to the left side with Simon D playing the right side, Muzz also replaced Simon E with Dai and finally Darrin replaced Crispin for the final few minutes.

Final score 4-2 to The Dragons.

All I can say is that this performance by The Dragons rates with our first ever league win against Brighton last season. Its reward for all the hard work Muzz and his team have been putting in this season.

Many thanks to Trowbridge Tigers for today for making it a very entertaining game.

We would like to thank both David K and Christian for running the line for us to day, also all the supporters Amy, Ali, Jordan, Adam it really does help having you on the side lines willing us on.

The Amos (Assistant Manager)

Dragon of the Match Vote

[poll id=”7″]