Trowbridge Tigers FC 3 – 3 Cardiff Dragons FC (South West League)

Match report by Dave Amos

Trowbridge Tigers 3 Cardiff Dragons 3 (Ant (6), Liam (34 pen), Liam(63))

Yet another excellent performance on the road despite the Dragons conceding with 30 seconds left in the match – but that should not take anything away from the performance with only 12 players in the squad – Amy being our only substitute today.

The day started with us going to Trowbridge via Bridgend. Sounds rather unusual, but it is a Dragons away trip and anything goes, or least it seems – we always have dramas and it wouldn’t be an away trip without a drama. On a sad note we had an empty seat on the front row of our bus today that belongs to our wonderful Chairperson Ali. I certainly missed your company today and I know for certain Amy did. Hopefully the front row will be back to full strength for our next journey.

The Dragons lined up as follows: Ryan, Aris, John A, Chris G (Capt), Muzz, Jason, Christian, Matt, Liam, Dave T, Anthony.
Subs: Amy

Everyone gave 120% today. Ryan was once again commanding throughout the game taking some very important crosses and saving well when required. The defence was well marshalled by Chris G and John A in the middle with Aris and Christian playing excellently throughout the game at full backs. Muzz and Matt were solid in the middle of midfield winning a lot of ball and making some telling passes. Jason and Dave T were giving full support to their full backs and forwards. Ant and Liam were outstanding up front with Ant scoring 1 and Liam scoring 2.

On 4 minutes good work by Matt and Liam allowed Ant through to score the opener 1-0 Dragons. Unfortunately for the Dragons 2 minutes later a ball over the top caught the defence out leaving Ryan with no chance 1-1. Christian made an excellent clearance off the line after 15 minutes. On 30 minutes good work by Liam saw a shot over the bar by Muzz. On 34 minutes Ant was brought down in the box. Liam stepped up to take the penalty putting away under the keepers dive. 2-1 the Dragons. That’s how it stayed until half time.

Half time 2-1 to the Dragons.

On 55 minutes good work by Liam allowed Jason to shoot which produced a good save by the keeper. Matt picked up an injury 10 minutes into the 2nd half but for the sake of the team played on for the rest of the game. On 60 minutes Trowbridge found their way back into the game with a ball into the box that was meet well by the centre forward to head the ball past Ryan. On 65 minutes a through ball from Matt saw Liam run into the penalty area he got there before the keeper and expertly chipped the ball over him for a very well taken goal. 3-2 Dragons. On 70 minutes a shot by Ant just went over.

There was a bad foul on Liam with 3 minutes left that the referee handled well and calmed the situation down well. Then the killer blow with 30 seconds left – a ball onto the edge of the area was meet well by the centre forward who finished well 3-3.

The final score being 3-3.

The referee was excellent today. Many thanks to Amy driving the Minibus yet again for us and for being the substitute today. Thank you to Richie and Hannah for their support today its very much appreciated and for Trowbridge for the after match refreshments.

Man of the Match – won jointly by Liam and Chris G who were both outstanding today.

That’s Dave Amos signing off from today’s Match Report.